CONSIDERATION OF MATTERS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA
5. ORDINANCE supplementing the City of Houston, Texas Master Ordinance No. 2004-299; providing for the issuance of the City of Houston, Texas, Combined Utility System First Lien Revenue Bonds, Series 2020B, providing for the amounts, interest rates, prices, and terms thereof and other matters relating thereto; providing for the payment thereof; making other provisions regarding such bonds and matters incident thereto; authorizing a Co-Bond Counsel Agreement; authorizing execution and delivery of a Paying Agent/Registrar Agreement; and declaring an emergency Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 2254.1036, the following written notice is given to the public: The City desires to issue bonds for public purposes as authorized by State law, in accordance with federal securities law, and as further set forth in the ordinance to finance or refinance various public projects. The proposed bond counsel, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP (“Norton Rose Fulbright”), is a full service firm that includes a national public finance practice and has the necessary competence, qualification and experience to serve as bond counsel for the City. Norton Rose Fulbright has previously represented the City in connection with the issuance of various bonds and other obligations for several years. The engagement of Norton Rose Fulbright is in the best interest of the residents of the City, since the legal services requested require specialized experience in municipal finance, federal tax, and state securities law and therefore cannot be adequately performed by the attorneys and supporting personnel of the City. Furthermore, such legal services cannot be reasonably obtained from attorneys in private practice for the payment of hourly fees without contingency because the City will not be obligated to pay any legal fees unless the transaction successfully closes.
8. ORDINANCE appropriating $69,294.50 out of Parks & Recreation Dedication Fund; awarding construction contract to GRAPHTEC, INC for Guadalupe Plaza Interpretive Signs; setting a deadline for the bidder's execution of the contract and delivery of all bonds, insurance and other required contract documents to the City; holding the bidder in default if it fails to meet the deadlines; providing funding for contingencies relating to construction of facilities financed by the Parks & Recreation Dedication Fund - DISTRICT H - CISNEROS
12. ORDINANCE renewing the establishment of the north side of the 1800 block of Haver Street within the City of Houston, Texas as a special minimum building line requirement block pursuant to the Code of Ordinances, Houston, Texas - DISTRICT C - KAMIN
13. ORDINANCE renewing the establishment of the north side of the 1700 block of Cherryhurst Street within the City of Houston, Texas as a special minimum building line requirement block pursuant to the Code of Ordinances, Houston, Texas - DISTRICT C - KAMIN
15. ORDINANCE finding and determining public convenience and necessity for the acquisition of real property interests in connection with the public improvement project known as the Walnut Bend Lane Project (from Westheimer to Westpark); authorizing the acquisition, by gift, dedication, purchase, or eminent domain proceedings of fee simple title or easement interests in and to eight parcels of land required for the project and situated in the H. Woodruff Survey, Abstract No. 844 in Harris County, Texas, said parcels of land being located in the Westchase Area of Houston, Harris County, Texas; authorizing payment of the costs of such acquisitions, including the purchase prices for the property interests, costs associated with relocation assistance, appraisal fees, title policies/services, recordation of instruments, eminent domain proceedings, court costs, and expert witness fees, and authorizing the retention of special counsel, in connection with the acquisition of fee simple or easement interests to ten parcels of land required for the project - DISTRICT F - THOMAS